Monday, March 18, 2013

Day 6


Not much to report, weekend was pretty dull, and today was like just another day at work. Which might actually be a good thing, unlike last week, I wasn't as aware of the fact that I was dressed differently for most of the day. I felt a bit more comfy in my skin, part of this may be due to wearing a little less makeup and wearing a means (albeit girly coloured) t-shirt with my hair tied back in a ponytail. This half step might be what I needed to ease myself in a bit better and find that comfortable spot before slowly finding a look that is right for me.


I did a bit of quick shopping with a gal pal after work, not enough time to find anything but I started to get an idea of some accessories to kick off with. An over the body handbag works best for me as I have back problems and shouldn't carry anything on just one shoulder, also something small and simple. For the purse though I'll go with something with character, maybe with some of my favourite cartoon characters on it, it can't all be flowers and things. On the other hand, I've always loved birds and would love to base my style around that, I already have an owl necklace, ring and earrings. Biggest problem today was being unable to find tops my size, the sizes on some things confound me, such as why a size 18 t-shirt is too big, but a size 18 singlet is like a freaking corset.

I did find some glasses frames I liked. I figure since I wont be wearing much makeup, a good pair of feminine glasses would frame my eyes nicely and add some extra decoration to my face. I've never wanted contacts or laser eye surgery, I really like the way glasses look on me. It's no different than jewellery, except it actually serves a purpose.

Finally I made the trek into not only the women's toilets at work, but also downstairs at the food court. I got some looks, but nothing dirty or aggressive. In fact someone at work I've never met was helping me out with my earrings in the women's toilets so all-in-all it was quit a pleasant experience. It's a hell of a lot nicer in there too.

Later in the week, when the shops are open later, I will attempt to get started on my accessories, handbags and purses and such. I've also booked in an appointment to have my eyebrows shaped. I like them quite thick as they are, but getting rid of the some of the man fuzz towards the outer edges would surely be an improvement. As long as they don't give me those evil thin arched brows that make ever cis women look like transvestites.

Thanks to everyone who has been reading my blog so far. It's lovely to know so many of you care, and I urge you all to do some light reading online about some of the common trans terms and frequently asked questions. A friend also sent me a tv program called My Transsexual Summer, which is a great watch as it covers both trans men and women, from early stages to late, which is a great all round look at what goes on behind the curtain.

1 comment:

  1. :) Glad I could be of use! and i had fun.. it does take years and years for a woman to understand what suits her and her body shape... (well it did me, esp moving from the country to sydney.. i didnt have a clue about fashion) i guess fashion trends come an go but as long as you go with what you 'love' ie for you it being birds.. you can't go wrong and you will feel confident too :) ps those glasses suited you too.

    ReplyDelete