Thursday, May 2, 2013

Week 6

It looks like it's going to be a very long year for me. I was denied HRT by my GP and will now have to see a specialist before I can get started. The problem is there a big waiting list for this specialist, so it could be 4 months or more before I even know if I can go on HRT or not. Obviously this isn't the answer I was hoping for, every day that passes I hate how I look more and more, but I still refuse to obtain the medication online or through any other dodgy method.

On a happier note, I had my first "girls night" with a few friends, we practiced make-up and hair, tried some different styles, it was great! I'm still having trouble with hair and make-up but it's good to know what does, and doesn't work.

I've experienced some rather strange reactions from people on the street, such as a homeless man yelling "sir, maam, sir, maam, sir, sir, maam, sir, maam!" I turned to see what he wanted, he just mumbled and walked off. Also getting indecipherable gibberish yelled at me by truck drivers, so far I haven't been able to hear any of them properly. So this is what it's like being a woman, or just trans. It's kind of entertaining to see people needing to be so vocal when they see something that confuses them.

Not much else to report sadly, life hasn't changed that much in the last few weeks. Still upset when I look in the mirror, but happy that I get to come to work in the clothes I want and not have anyone make fun of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment